Monday, February 21, 2011

Painting Project for Mom

For the last couple of years, my mom has wanted some pictures painted to go in the big entryway of their house. I was hesitant to do anything for her, because she wanted something that was abstract, which is not really my shtick. But, in efforts to make her happy, I decided to give it a whirl. The idea that I had in mind was to use the technique that David Bromstad does on the show Color Splash. It looked really easy, especially after watching his how-to video:

David Bromstad Painting How-To

Mom had all the supplies ready for me, so when Thad and I went for a visit, I busted 3 paintings out. The technique really is easy. One thing that I would add, is to mix water into your paint to make it a bit thinner, and to get it to really run. Overall though, I was happy with how they turned out. This picture shows all 3 paintings, side by side.

SAM_0170

Here is a close up of the green one.

SAM_0167

No comments:

Post a Comment