Saturday, April 23, 2011

Justin Lee – Happy 29th.

My darling husband turns 29 today, so I thought I would post a little something about how wonderful he is. He is not perfect, I can list several things I dislike about him, but my “like” list is quite a bit longer.

1. He’s tall and handsome. He has pretty blue eyes and a perfect nose.

2. He’s smart. The man has his PhD in Chemistry. In CHEMISTRY people. You remember that subject that you hated in college? He is a DOCTOR of that.

3. He knows everything. Literally. Everything. It bothers me as much as it bothers you, but it’s true.

4. He knows how to DO everything. Again. Really. He can build night tables from scraps of wood. He can install automatic sprinkler systems. He can pour concrete. He can construct stairs. He can rebuild a couch (yes, a broken frame on a couch, he opened it up, repaired it, good as new), He can cook, and I don’t mean he can barbeque a hamburger, although he does that too, I mean that he can make seafood pasta with a cream sauce.

5. No matter how much he fights it, in the end, he always lets me put my cold feet on his legs when we get in bed.

6. He takes care of gross things. The hair in the drain. The totally putrefied potato buried deep in the potato bag deep under the sink that had somehow liquefied into 100% nastiness…yeah, he took care of that for me.

That’s a hefty list of good things, but remember, not everything is good.

1. Neither of us are good at backing down. Which tends to cause arguments at times.

2. His belly button collects lint. I’m sorry Justin, it had to be mentioned, it’s weird.

3. He doesn’t do laundry. Actually, this could be on the good list, cause he folds things wrong, so I wouldn’t want him to do it anyway.

We have been through a lot in our years together, and there is no one that I would rather have spent that time with. He supported me in the hardest time of my life, those first couple of months after Thad was born. He encouraged me and gave me confidence. He is an awesome dad, always helpful and loving to our son. He really is my best friend. I love you Justin, Happy Birthday.

 IMG_3738

No comments:

Post a Comment