Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hello Dirt!

Thad has long been obsessed with the little tags that come in the pot when you buy a new plant. He goes around the backyard, retrieving each tag, and carries them around, using them to scrape the dirt in my veggie bed. As of yesterday, he has moved on to using a shovel in my veggie bed. We had been banished from our home by Justin, who was working on installing the hardwood flooring (I’m not sure why he wanted us out of the house, Thad is REAL good at helping). So we were hanging out in the backyard, making trouble. I watched Thad figure out how to use a shovel, and even though he was destroying my bed, I figured I shouldn’t stop little neurons connecting in his brain as he learned a new skill. (Please note that prior to discovering the fun of dirt, he had given himself a shower by walking back and forth under my just-watered-and-now-dripping hanging fuchsia). 

IMG_3845 IMG_3818 IMG_3819

IMG_3863 ……And we’ll be getting our cucumbers from the grocery store now.

IMG_3873

Taking a break from his destruction to make sure I had noticed the dob barking. Yes Thad, I hear him, thank you.

IMG_3880

Checking the integrity of his work.

IMG_3878

“What, Mom? Are you not happy about this?”

IMG_3876

The filthy ear that I will have to wash. I’m sure he’ll cooperate. Ha!

IMG_3892

The sweet dimple adjacent to the filthy ear. I forgive you!

IMG_3872 IMG_3865 IMG_3866 IMG_3868 IMG_3869 IMG_3871

Some of my remaining plants, pictures taken in case he comes after them next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment