Monday, November 4, 2013

Overdue Update

I haven’t been good about updates lately, and although we have been both busy and not really doing anything, I figured it was time to get something on here. It’s 6:30 am, and Thad just woke up (thanks a lot, Daylight Savings), so I will park him in front of the TV for 30 minutes. Good parenting.

So, let’s see. We’ll go back a ways.

We made a couple of weekend trips to Coos Bay toward the end up of summer. Justin and his dad have lots of work to do on their property because Justin’s sister will be getting married at the house next summer. And by lots of work, I mean like rebuilding part of the house. We’ll make many more trips there before next summer. But, the boys always have a blast and take advantage of that time to get really dirty and drive heavy machinery.

IMG_4211IMG_4240

Justin also gets to do lots of his favorite activity. Digging. No, really, I think if someone paid him his same Forensic Scientist wages to dig ditches, he would do it in a heartbeat. He finds it oddly satisfying.

IMG_4256

And of course, you can’t pass a summer in Coos Bay without eating barbequed oysters. I mean, I definitely can, because they are horrendous. But the rest of my family is in love with the nasty little things.

IMG_4305IMG_4307

But how can you have hard feelings about a place that provides you with pictures like this of your kids?

IMG_4278

Or have hard feelings against a father in law with this kind of sense of humor?

IMG_4265

You just can’t, I tell ya. Please excuse the halo of frizz that you may note in the picture. We were on the coast and I have curly hair. Plus I probably hadn’t showered that day.

Traveling in the other direction, we also made a couple of weekend trips North to my parent’s house. One of which was a trip to meet and celebrate the birth of this little sweetie, Miss Jana, my brother’s daughter, who was born while we were on our vacation in July.

IMG_5222IMG_5289

Jana brought the grandchild total up to 6 (and yes, I realize there are only 5 here…Ezra wasn’t there)

IMG_5318

And the number of my immediate family members up to 302

IMG_5297

Not quite. (Note that we are missing one of my brothers and his family, as well as Amber)

And, on a similar note, we are about to increase by 2 more! My sister is pregnant with her 3rd, and my sister in law, with her second! Same sisters that I was pregnant with when we had these three amigos last year.

IMG_1559

Look at those chunkers! So, of course, that has made me question whether or not we are done in the kid arena, and have had some twinges of jealousy that Tessa and Aja are pregnant together again, when all 3 of us were last time. And then I remember how hard life with an infant is, and how it bring out all the worst parts of my personality, and I tell myself that I think we are done. We’ll see.

Okay, so that has gotten me through September. Not bad. Perhaps I will try to keep working on updates this week. No promises. I am a very organized person, but totally lacking in follow through. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment