Thursday, July 15, 2010

Overnight Escapade

My mother in law's family has a family reunion every 5 years, and this year the reunion took place practically in our backyard - near Silver Falls State Park in Oregon. I was nervous about going, not being totally sure what the accommodations were, and being well acquainted with Mr. T and his general bed attitude. Unfortunately, my fears came to pass when 5 million new faces, and an unknown setting proved to be more than he would handle. Dude would not sleep even though he was exhausted. He didn't nap. He constantly woke up and was fussy. All. Night. Long. In the dark hours of early morning, at the peak of our frustration, I tried changing a barely wet diaper hoping it would be the magic cure. I put him on our bed to change him, and of course he does what he NEVER DOES, takes a pee while nudey-patootey. Wet bed. Wet PJ's. Crying baby. Nearly crying parents. I got him clean, dry, swaddled, and, still crying, got him back into his pack and play. He lay there crying while Justin and I stood there contemplating packing up and going home. We turn and look down at him and the little bugger has flipped himself over and is looking up at us with that goofy "what's up guys" grin on his face. What can you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment