Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Project

Since Thaddeus has a max of one hour of happy time between naps/feedings, my ability to take him anywhere is somewhat limited (unless of course I decide to enjoy people staring at me while my child screams, which at this time, I do not). One of the places we CAN go is Goodwill which is conveniently located about a mile from our house, and has plenty of junk to peruse through.

On one of our weekdays home together the week before last, I braved an outing with him and found this gem for $2.99. Yes, that's right, under 3 dollars.


My thought was to paint it and use it as a bookshelf in The Man's room rather than the cheap-O pressboard Walmart cubicles that I had been using (Wait, am I saying that Goodwill is a step UP from Walmart? Interesting).

With some instruction from Mr. Knows-How-To-Do-Everything, I sanded and painted (about 42 coats) and created this masterpiece!!


Nice! You're welcome, Thaddeus, add this to you list of reasons to give Mommy lots of hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment