Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day of Cooking

A friend from work had a new baby recently, and Thad and I were planning a visit to meet him on Monday. Knowing how things go with a new baby, I wanted to bring some food along to help. I had a couple of new recipes to try, one for Chicken Noodle Soup and another for Chili. In addition to the soups, I also made some bread from a recipe that I had used before, and some frosted Halloween cookies. It's not often that everything I make turns out perfectly, but I was really happy with everything. The Chicken Noodle Soup was delicious. Because of the deliciousness level, I wanted to post the recipe:

Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup:

3 large chicken thighs
1 chicken breast
5 cups water
2 stalks celery
1 carrot
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup noodles


Cook the chicken in 5 cups of water until done. Let cool and debone. Add chicken back to the broth along with the diced celery, sliced carrots and noodles. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper, cream of chicken soup and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment