Monday, February 28, 2011

Come out, Baby!

Supposedly, spicy foods help women pregnant women start going into labor. Probably has no grain of truth, but I was going to visit a days-away-from-due friend today and thought I would try a recipe I have been wanting to make for Jalapeño Pepperjack Scones. I got this recipe from Joy The Baker's Blog (good ideas, fun sense of humor). Check out her blog.

I’ve had a thing for jalapeños lately, I’m not sure why. It started with cream cheese stuffed, bacon wraped, jalapeño poppers. And trust me, you can’t go wrong with those. This recipe sounded delicious as well. Here’s the link to the actual recipe.

When the recipe includes a pile of butter and a pile of cheese……that’s a winner

cookbook 001

Dough gets rolled out into a circle, and cut into 6 slices, then baked for 25 minutes (or 35 if you are my slow but dependable oven)

cookbook 002

Please note that there are only 5 scones in this pan….that’s because I ate one. It was delicious. I did not go in to labor. But I’m also not pregnant, so that makes sense.

cookbook 003

So we’ll see if baby Kolsen arrives soon. I’ll pat myself on the back if he does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment