Monday, February 28, 2011

Quilt No. 12, Done

Number 12 is just a guesstamite. Hm, not really sure how to spell guesstamite, and it doesn’t come up on spell check. Strange. Moving on. I saw this project, a little wall hanging, in a quilting magazine, and thought it would look good in the dining room.

img_APQ-CO-April-2011lg_ss8

Not in love with the colors that they used, but that is an easy thing to change. I wanted it to go with one of my favorite pieces of decor in our house, a painted barn door that used to belong to my grandma.

IMG_3335

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We have it hanging in the dining room, and I was thinking of putting the new hanging on the opposite wall. I went to my usual quilting shop down the road, picked out some fabrics and started cutting a week ago. From start to finish, it took me about a week and a half, I finished it on Sunday night. It was by far my fastest project, but it’s not that big; about 3.5 feet long and 1.5 feet tall.

IMG_3332

IMG_3333

 

I really like the colors, it goes perfect with the painting, and looks nice with the wood in that room (it’s on the table in the picture). The one thing I didn’t think of is how I was going to hang it. Usually I just use push-pins to put up hangings, but this one is long enough that it is saggy in the middle if you just use pins. I am going to have to make a sleeve on the back to put a dowel though. So I guess it is technically not done yet, but close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment