Saturday, February 19, 2011

You don’t call….You don’t write.

I have been neglecting new posts for a while, and I have a whole LIST of things that I want to put on here. Numero Uno: Letter box!

IMG_3285

My mom made one of these for us when we were kids. It is one of those box sets for nails and screws, with each drawer assigned a letter of the alphabet. You put objects into each drawer that start with the letter of that drawer. It’s supposed to help kids learn their sounds. (Insert home-school joke here). I have vivid memories of the letter box that my mom had made, I always thought it was really cool. Cause tiny things are cool, I guess.  Anyway, I decided to start putting one together for Thad. Obviously it’s a little beyond his learning capabilities right now, but it takes a long time to accumulate a hundred little tiny object, although my mom has already contributed quite a few things.

Example: The “H” drawer. H-h-h-hammer. H-h-h-hanger. H-h-h-house. H-h-h-hotdog. H-h-h-horse. Get it?

IMG_3286

Well, I think it’s cool. And so will Thad. At least, he better. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and will be making one now. Thanks for the idea! And no homeschool joke from me.... this time. :)

    ReplyDelete