Monday, February 27, 2012

D-Day

It is coming. And I will be prepared. I am packing my hospital bag. While having a panic attack. I was induced with Thad, 5 days after my due date, so I had some idea on the timing. This go round, it could happen any time. Like in 3 minutes or 3 weeks. Frightening. So, with 3 weeks to go, I am getting ready for the unknown. The bedroom is fully stocked and ready to go. As of today, we are ready to walk out the door and have a baby. Theoretically.

IMG_5174

I really couldn’t even say what I packed for Thad. I don’t remember packing a hospital bag last time. I have no idea what I brought. But, I have some idea what is necessary for an infant at this point, and am taking the following:

1. Jammies

2. 2-piece outfit

3. Hat

4. Size 0 diapers

5. Burp rags

6. One of my favorite Aden and Anais swaddling blankets

7. Snuggly blanket

Is that enough? Who knows, but that’s what I am going with.

I have stuff packed for myself as well. Less cute, no picture necessary. Gross things like pads, flushable wipes, nursing bra, my OWN underwear (no thanks, weird meshy hospital underwear). The things I am taking are a scary reminder of how gory childbirth is. But I would rather use my own gore clean up materials than what’s provided (and charged for, I’m sure) by the hospital.

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe its that time already!! Best of luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete