Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thatcher Reid

Our little boy arrived a day early, on March 20th at 12:48 in the afternoon. I was scheduled to be induced that day, but ended up going into labor the night before. We headed to the hospital at our scheduled 7:00 am time since my contractions weren’t too bad at that point. Things continued to progress until I got my epidural, which slowed contractions down a bit. They gave me a dose of Pitocin, which quickly got things back on track. By 12:30 I was ready to push, and 15 minutes later after about 5 pushes, Thatcher was born. Almost the same exact size as his big bro, he was 9lb 9oz and 21.5 inches long. So much for my doc thinking he was going to be smaller than Thad. 

IMG_0761

IMG_2499

We spend that night in the hospital. Both of our parents were in town, my mom and dad stayed at our house with Thad, who to add to my stress, had a temp of 104. After his fever went down and he developed a doosy of a rash, we decided that he probably had Roseola. The night we were in the hospital we got a TON of snow, we watched it fall all night and crossed our fingers that we would get home the next day. After our hospital experience with Thad, we knew we would want to go home as soon as possible, so we stressed to all the nurses that we wanted to leave in the morning. After the night of poking and prodding and uncomfortable hospital beds, we were more than ready. Of course we ended up waiting for hours for all the paperwork and tests to be completed. Justin almost made a nurse cry. But I didn’t feel bad, I wanted to go home.

IMG_5255

So, Thatcher has been here for over 2 weeks at this point. He is a sweet boy. Definitely has a resemblance to his brother physically, but is much better behaved. Emotionally, I am in a much better place. Lacking in sleep, of course, but holding it together. Happy that our family is complete.

IMG_5340

1 comment:

  1. He is so stinkin cute!!! And I love the picture of the two of them.

    ReplyDelete