Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Boys of Summer

Wow. I am quickly realizing how behind I am on keeping things caught up. I didn’t think we had been doing much this summer, but as I am going through the pictures, the keepers keep piling up. I am working on doing a photo book, and the prospect of going through our thousands of pictures since Thad was born is more than a little overwhelming. So, as to not cause an emotional breakdown, I will do a short and sweet synopsis of our summer. Here we are:

Summer, 2012

IMG_5865

We went fishing.

IMG_5852

We went shooting.

IMG_6076

Grandma C. had a birthday. (Note the cake: one of my best. I call it “Strawberry Shortcake Cake”. Consisting of yellow cake, fresh strawberry filling and topping, and the super delish frosting from my Oatmeal Whoopie Pie recipe, it was a good show, I have to say. Made at a moment’s notice too. Justin: “Uh, so I know it’s short notice, but I forgot it’s Mom’s birthday…do you think you could make her a cake?” She is due to arrive in an hour. Way to go, me…pulled off with style and grace…HA!).

IMG_3116

Thatcher met Great Grandpa Frank

IMG_3126

We went to parks. And playgrounds.

IMG_6074

Thatcher Reid got bigger.

IMG_6106

And started eating solid food.

IMG_6140IMG_6149

We took the kids to the beach.

IMG_5989IMG_5992

We played with friends while the Dads brewed beer.

IMG_6284

We played outside. A lot.

IMG_6371

We went to the lake.

IMG_6365

Thad drove a boat.

IMG_6380

We got ready for football season.

Other things to note: Amber moved back in after an extended stay in Longview to get her CNA certification. She quickly found a great job at a memory loss home, bought a car, and is working hard saving up money to move in with a girlfriend, probably around the end of the year. I started back to work. Just two days a week. Amber was able to arrange her schedule so that she takes care of the boys on her days off. Justin also switched his work schedule to 4 10’s, and starting this month will have Fridays off. We are looking forward to having long weekends together. I am enjoying the new office that I am working at, and am excited about the changes happening there, including remodeling a building in downtown Springfield and moving the practice there in the next few months. Mr. Thatcher is not sleeping through the night, but getting closer….ish. We have had some rough nights lately for an unknown reason, but seem to be heading toward a once-per-night feeding. While not the same as sleeping all night, I am grateful for any night that I am only up once. Lets just say it a LOT better than some of our nights. But, like I said, I THINK we are headed in the right direction.

We had the boys dedicated at church on Sunday, here they are in their Sunday finest:

IMG_6425

They look like Children of God, don’t they? Ha. It was something that Justin and I have been wanting to do for a long time. We are also hosting a small group for the first time as part of a 40 days of Purpose series that our church is doing at the end of the month. A little nervous for that, but excited to get to know people at our church better.

I am looking forward to fall, and the holidays coming up. I have LOTS of ideas for holiday projects, and will soon post some fun things that I did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment