Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hat Day

Okay, I’m trying this differently. I’m reposting my original post I wrote earlier this week into small sections. We’ll see if it works.

Today is Tuesday. On Friday, we woke up to over 6 inches of snow, and it hasn’t been above freezing since. I keep going back and forth in my head thinking “Oh my gosh, my kids haven’t left the house in 5 days, I am stunting their social development” to “This doesn’t seem that much different than when the roads aren’t covered in ice”. Perhaps what I need to get out of that, is that my kids need more outside activities under normal circumstances.

Anyway. I sat down this morning to do a quick update with the snow pictures and our Snowflake Day yesterday, and quickly realized that I am much more behind than that. (Do you like how I capitalize the name of our day? I am either quite conceited, or quite cookoo…I am also questioning how to spell cookoo).

Since my last post was about Halloween, I suppose it makes sense to start with November here, which of course included “H” week:

clip_image001clip_image002

Books were read, hats were worn, Thad’s favorite: the bunny hat. Not MY favorite…gives me flashbacks of my most despised Christmas movie, A Christmas Story. Hate the whiny kids, hate the narrator’s voice, hate the jerk dad, hate the whiny mom…hate the whole thing. Fortunately, it’s a Crossland family staple during the holidays. At which time I go find something else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment