Sunday, December 15, 2013

Humpty Dumpty Day

It’s working! Sorry for the short, choppy posts. I guess maybe my original post was too lengthy, too many big picture files, it just bogged the publishing down. So instead of a nice cohesive update, I will continue to post my original post in small sections. Wouldn’t want you to miss anything. :)

Without fail, the days that I think we have the fewest activities and the least fun in store, are the days the boys love the most. For instance, Humpty Dumpty Day. I guess you can’t go wrong when you’re letting your kids drop raw eggs of a mega block tower they built.

clip_image001clip_image002

Poor Humpty. It got worse for him too…

clip_image003

It also got worse for me…Thatcher’s Humpty dropping aim is not great.

clip_image004

But I saw that one coming from a mile away…hence the towel. Mama didn’t raise no fool.

Thad’s favorite part of the day was Humpty Dumpty repair. He drew and cut out a Humpty, and we put him up on the fireplace mantle (a “wall”). When they were distracted elsewhere, I cut Humpty up into big pieces and told them Humpty had fallen. Thad’s job was then to re-assemble him with bandaids. He thought this was so funny and awesome that we had to make more, and use up about 30 bandaids.

No comments:

Post a Comment