Saturday, February 15, 2014

M-I-C-K-E-Y…..

I happened to be on-call the weekend of my nephew’s 2nd birthday last month, so we hosted his party at our house. I pressured my slow-to-make-decisions sister to choose his theme so I could start planning some decor. She decided on Mickey Mouse…can’t go wrong, he’s always a classic.

We kept the decor pretty simple, I cut out a bunch of big circles to make a pathway from the front door to the family room (think “Mickey Mouse Playhouse”, if you’re familiar, yay for you if you’re not). Streamers on the entry to the family room, the family room filled with polka dot balloons, a huge Mickey balloon, a birthday banner out of Mickey Mouse shapes that I cut out, and Mickey Mouse ears for all the kids (goodbye all of my black headbands :( ) It all turned out cute. My mom and my sister’s family drove down this way and met us at an indoor kid-gym place where the kids played for an hour or so before coming back to our house. All of the granola Eugene people and their hippie kids made me deicide that our kids were promptly getting haircuts. But that’s another story.

IMG_5929 

Here’s what happened when the boys found me in the early morning, hiding in the guest room blowing up balloons. Please note how Thad is squeezing his brothers cheek as he jumps by….the little turkey!

IMG_6135 IMG_6144 IMG_6162

Fun at the gym. Who knows what kind of diseases they caught. There were a LOT of kids there.

IMG_5938 IMG_6180

Back at the Par-tay. Mickey Mouse there to greet the birthday boy. Slightly terrifying. Please don’t make fun of our 1972 bar stools. I realize they are horrendous, but they were free, and they do not tip over no matter what kind of ridiculous behavior is taking place on them. They stay until my children are old enough to behave like human beings. Which may be a while.

IMG_6220

The birthday boy seeing his tower of cupcakes for the first time (made by my sister)

IMG_6285

And finally, the party people who made it all happen. Next up, all the other 3 non-birthday kids have a birthday within 10 days of each other (my California nephew brings that birthday group up to 4…yikes). We will likely have a local party here, and also go up to my parents to celebrate with our niece. We had decided on a pirate theme for the party here. At least until Thad announced that he thinks it should be a cowboysuperhero birthday…not sure how to decorate for that one…

No comments:

Post a Comment