Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Trying...

Here's the thing about having your first child. You have no clue what you are doing. Here's the thing about babies. They can't talk. Those two facts are not a good combination. It would be one thing if I had a happy, easy baby who loved so sleep. Alas, I do not. He is an emotional roller coaster, which makes me question every. single. thing. I. do.

Here's the other part of the problem. I have a couple of friends who are like superstar moms. Moms with multiple children really close together who post things on facebook like "I'm making applesauce tomorrow" and "harvesting my tomatoes". What? My tomatoes are all yellow and I can't get my kid to eat rice cereal. Not to mention the fact that they are on number 3 or 4 and probably finished with the who preggo fiasco, and I just finished baking number 1! That makes me feel good about myself.

One thing I have to say though, is God Bless my mom. She has been so helpful and such an encouragement. There is so much pressure to be a Master Breastfeeder, and I have tried really hard, but it just has NEVER been easy. We are at the point now where I think it will be better for everyone involved to start heading down the formula route, and I feel extreme guilt for that. But my mom has been so encouraging that I am doing the right thing, and that the goal is for a happy, healthy baby, and sometimes formula is the best way to achieve that. Plus, she was only able to breastfeed me for about 3 months, and look how smart I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment